One of the great things that the HoloToolkit allows you to do is automatically set the settings required for the HoloLens in your scene.
This menu item does four things:
- Sets the main camera position to (0, 0, 0)
- Clears the camera skybox and sets the background to Black (0, 0, 0, 0)
- Updates the near clipping plane from 0.3 to 0.85
- Updates the main camera field of view from 60 to 16
These settings are all necessary for the HoloLens camera to be work as intended. The menu just allows you to set it all in one easy place, and makes sure you don’t accidentally forget a setting that could cause you a lot of time trying to troubleshoot.
- Click the HoloToolkit Menu in the File Bar
- Click the Configure option
- Click the Apply HoloLens Scene Settings option
A new window will pop open that will let you select which items you want done. All four options will be checked by default. When the correct items are checked, click the apply button, and you are all set.